028 793 95144        Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm

Santa Rita 120 Chardonnay

Country: Chile

Availability: Many in stock
£7.99 £8.99

Santa Rita 120 Chardonnay

Quantity: 750 cc

Superb quality and craftsmanship are the hallmarks of Santa Rita, one of Chile's most admired and innovative wine estates. The "120" series of wines was named after the historic event when 120 soldiers led by General Bernardo O'Higgins took refuge in Santa Rita's cellars in 1814 during Chile's Independence war. These wines are fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures, and early bottled to preserve each variety's fruitiness and natural aromas. The 120 wines are young, fresh, elegant and fruity, perfectly well-balanced with soft tannins and good acidity. Their exceptional value makes them an outstanding choice for rounding out our everyday meals.

The 120 series is composed by Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Merlot and Shiraz as well as limited releases such as Viognier, Riesling, Merlot-Shiraz, Shiraz-Malbec and Franc-Cabernet Sauvignon.

Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Central Valley
Winemaker: Cecilia Torres
Winemaker's comments:

Our 120 Chardonnay is rich in crisp and fresh fruit. Its aroma recalls tropical fruit, mingled with green apples and rounded out by an alluring hint of zesty orange peel.

A fresh and sweet flavor with a fruity and refreshing body that leads us to a lingering aftertaste.

Climate & Soil:

The central zone climate is mainly Mediterranean with a broad thermal oscillation between day and night, an average humidity between 55% and 60% and maximum summer temperatures over 30 Degrees Celsius. In the lands nestled among the foothills of the Andes Mountains, night temperatures are usually low due to the cold winds blowing down from the mountains. Along the Coastal range, the thermal variation is lower due to the maritime influence. A selection of vineyards of loamy soils and excellent drainage, located in the foothills of the Andes, is carefully combined with vineyards of heavier textured, loamy clay soils spread out along the Coastal range.


The grapes were selected, cooled, destemmed and pressed in accordance to each batch's characteristics. The vinification ranged from strict reduction to more traditional systems. 90% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel and the remaining 10% was fermented in oak barrels. The wines didn't have malolactic fermentation so as to preserve its fruit characteristics as long as possible.

Suggested foods:

This wine is perfect as an aperitif and with steamed or sautéed fish and shellfish; white meats, salads with creamy dressings.

Technical details:

pH: 3.12
Acidity: 6.33 g/l (tartaric acid)
Alcohol / volume: 13.2% vol
Residual sugar: 1.54 g/l

  • One of Santa Rita's most varied line of wines. It is available in several sizes: 750ml, 375 ml and 187.5ml.
  • Perfect to be consumed on a daily basis and by less demanding wine consumers.
  • Does not use wood during its elaboration, only stainless steel.
  • Santa Rita's most famous brand on a national and international level.
  • Exported to over 70 countries in 5 continents.
  • Consists of a line of perfectly balanced, young wines with soft tannins and good acidity.
  • Recognized as Best Value by Wine Spectator.


Free Delivery

Free Delivery is available for all orders over £100

Orders Under £100

  • UK: £9.99
  • Republic of Ireland: £7.99

Delivery usually takes between 3-5 working days (Monday - Friday) from dispatch and requires a signature at point of delivery.

Do you deliver outside the UK and Ireland?

We can do this upon request, please contact our customer care team for a quote, Email: Kennyb@homedeliverywine.com

View Full Delivery & Returns Info

Money back guarantee

If your order goes missing, or is damaged

If we are unable to dispatch replacement goods within 7 days we will offer you a full refund.
Read More

UK & Ireland Shipping

Standard charge to anywhere in N.Ireland

Delivery usually takes between 3-5 working days (Monday - Friday)
Read More

Award winning retailer

Proud to shout about our retailer awards

  • Northern Ireland (NI) Neighbourhood Retailer
  • Store of The Year
  • UK winner in the BP UK Innovation Award in 2015.
  • Training Initiative of the Year
  • Overall NI Neighbourhood Retailer of The Year in the Neighbourhood Retailer Awards 2012